Thursday, March 8, 2012

Week 7 (2/27-3/4)

Spring Break Week

            Since we didn't have a blog due during break I figured I would just write a short post about some of the stuff we have been learning over the last couple of weeks.  In my opinion fiction is the greatest type of story writing ever created.  What you are writing or reading in the world of fiction could literally be about anything.  It opens up the mind and imagination to endlessness.  Any person can create any kind of situation that they want.  It could make absolutely no sense in real life, but in the world of fiction it is totally normal.  Great examples of this are books and movies such as Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Game of Thrones. Lord of the Ring's takes place in an imaginary world that doesn't exist, and is filled with races and species that are completely made up.  Some people may think this is totally rediculous, but others may think that it is great.  It is a chance for people to go outside the box and immerse themselves in a world other than the one they live in, a chance to get away and put all worries aside, even if it is just for a small portion of time.  I think it is great that we are learning about fiction in class, and I must say that I enjoy it much more than learning about poetry that I have a hard time understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment